This the season for diets and healthy eating. This yummy stuffed pepper recipe will help you eat healthy, but still tastes so good!
I have always been the “lucky one” that could eat whatever I want and never gain a pound. But I never realized that even with that gift, I should be eating healthy for my general well being. I have learned that you feel a ton better with healthy food in your belly – and a ton more energy!
I have recently began a struggle with what is suspected as ankylosing spondylitis (it’s so recent that I am still learning to just spell and pronounce the word, haha!
I do not want to be stuck on medication my whole life so it was time for a healthy lifestyle change. Less red meat, less carbohydrates and much more veggies.
Stuffed Pepper Recipe
When I think stuffed pepper recipe I think lots of rice and cheese. I needed a way to make this fun recipe without so much cheese and rice! Plus, adding more veggies.
This list is not set in stone, you can swap out for veggies or add even more! I do suggest sticking with ground turkey, or chicken and not hamburger.
- ground turkey (or chicken)
- large bell peppers
- olive oil (I love the flavoured stuff)
You will also need a knife, cutting board, a bowl, frying pan, and a shallow baking dish.
Tips and Tricks for this Stuff Pepper Recipe
- I find full filled up peppers a bit filling, and harder to cut up. What I usually do is cut the peppers each in half and fill the halves. It helps with portion control and makes it a less messy meal.
- If you do want to make it a more filling meal, you can always add a small amount of rice.
- Cheese is still optional, just add it on top for the last five minutes of baking.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil for the first half of cooking if you want to speed up the process a little.
More Easy Healthy Recipes:
I am always creating and finding new ways to live a healthier life style. Here’s a few more of my healthy recipes.
Share your Results with Me!!!
I would love to hear how your’s turned out! Or even see a picture of the yummy supper. Feel free to share your variations below in the comments or come hang out and cook with me on Facebook.