Slow Cooker Chicken Chili – YUM!
A slow cooker is probably the best invention out there for any busy home. I swear by mine for easy meals (with lots of freezable left overs). I am always tossing random things together and seeing what new recipes I can create for the slow cooker.
This is a family favourite, especially in the chillier weather (no pun intended!). Chunky Slowcooker Chicken Chili is a great way to still enjoy chili without any red meat.
Why chunky? Well I fill it with chunks of chicken and any veggies are just chopped into chunks too!
Ingredients & Supplies Needed:
- Chicken (you can use a cooked whole chicken, 6-8 boneless chicken thighs or 4-5 boneless chicken breasts)
- One can of mixed beans
- One can of corn
- One can of diced tomatoes
- One can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of chunky salsa (at whatever heat intensity you wish)
- 2-3 cups of coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 2 coarsely chopped onions
- 3 coarsely chopped peppers (colors of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper (less if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
As for the supplies you will need those are simple: slow cooker, can opener, measuring cup, knife and a ladle.
- Some choose to just cook the meat in whatever they are slow cooking, but for this I usually cook the chicken before hand. Cook the chicken thoroughly – cooking method will depend on the cut of chicken you chose. I tend to cook the chicken the night before so I can just throw everything into the slow cooker before I leave to work.
- Take all your canned ingredients (beans, tomatoes, sauce and cord) and open them. Simply dumb them into the slow cooker.
- Dump in your cup of salsa.
- Cut up all your veggies and chicken. Like I said in the beginning this is chunky chili so no need for fine chopping just bug chunks. Toss them all into the slow cooker.
- Add in the spices.
- Stir it all up good.
- Set the slow cooker to low, for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy! It freezes great too.
Great Amazon Deals for Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are some great books filled with slow cooker recipes. This is an affiliate link, so yes, I will get a small commission but you still get the great deal!