Zoodles & Ground Turkey Meatballs Recipe
This zoodle and ground turkey meatballs recipe is a result of a craving for spaghetti and meatballs, but wanting to avoid pasta and red meat.
The result? Ground turkey meatballs and zoodles!
What's a Zoodle??
I do not claim to have invented these. They are EVERYWHERE online.
Zoodles are zucchini noodles.
Seeming zucchini doesn’t have tons of its own flavor it works well as a noodle. It absorbs the flavor of the dish really well.
You can easily make zoodles by grabbing a few zucchini and buying a spiralizer.
I do get a few pennies to put towards recipe supplies for your Amazon purchases through this link.
Ground Turkey Meatballs Recipe
The zoodles are simple. Spiralize as many zucchini as you will need to feed your family. Set these aside until the end.
I can usually make four servings out of this recipe, with at least 16-20 meatballs.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can of Tomato sauce
- 2 Peppers (green, red, or yellow)
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup of mushrooms
You can always add whatever you wish to your sauce – if gramma has a secret recipe use that!
Time to Get Cooking!
- Grab a bowl and put the ground turkey into it. We are going to throw in:
- all your favorite spices
- one egg
- 1/2 of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Mix these all together completely.
- Time to start balling! You can grab a spoon or just eye ball it. You want them to be about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Place them all on a cooking pan spread out slightly.
- Bake the ground turkey meatballs in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip them once in the middle.
- While your meatballs are cooking, grab your sauce pan and start up the sauce. Chop up all your veggies.
- Put the tomato sauce and veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc) into the pan.
- Once your meatballs are cooked, add them all to your sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on low.
Plate up some zoodles and top it with your ground turkey meatballs and sauce. Top it off with some more parmesan cheese. SERVE.
Have You Tried These Ground Turkey Meatballs Recipe?
Have you made this recipe? Comment below with how it turned out.
Keep On Creating!
The goal is to get creative EVERYDAY so be sure to put your email in below, you will get emails every time there is new creativity here.