This is a super easy and tasty fried egg sandwich recipe – and there is no need to remove clothes. The sandwich is topless, not you!
With this fried egg sandwich you get all the nutrients of a great egg sandwich with half the bread! So, less carbs – which is a bonus.
Plus with less bread, the flavors of the sandwich really shine through – they aren’t hidden by the added carbs.
Need more easy recipes? I’ve got tons! Pop over and check out all my yummy recipes for every meal and occasion.
Super Easy Topless Fried Egg Sandwich Recipe
The ingredients for this fried egg sandwich recipe are pretty easy to remember, the list isn’t huge.
- 1 slice of bread (I always opt for a multigrain or whole wheat).
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of your favorite lunch meat (or bacon)
- 1 slice of cheese
Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Start Your Day off Right!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day – so they say! And it is totally true. You start your day off right with two things – a happy mind and a happy belly!
This easy fried egg sandwich recipe is a perfect day starter.
There are also a ton of times I just don’t want to cook and this breakfast sandwich is a great (and healthy) idea to make a quick supper with little hassle.
Why is it called a topless fried egg sandwich?
That’s what happens when I’m left to my own devices to “name” something! In reality, it’s meaning is not cause for alarm – there will be no naked cooking or eating.
This fried egg sandwich recipe is topless simply because it has to “TOP” slice of bread. It’s a win-win. Less ingredients needed, less carbs to digest!
Let’s Get Cooking this Easy Egg Sandwich
As mentioned above, the ingredients are pretty simple, 1 slice of bread (I always opt for a multigrain or whole wheat), 1 egg, 2 slices of your favorite lunch meat (or bacon), margarine and mustard.
Now, are you ready for the complicated and time consuming instructions for this fried egg sandwich recipe? Just kidding! This one’s soooo easy!
- Grab your frying pan and fry up your chosen lunch meat (or bacon). Set it aside.
- Get the bread toasting in the toaster.
- While the bread is doing it’s thing, butter up your frying pan and cook your egg. You can choose to make it sunny side up (and super gooey goodness) or cook it a little longer so there’s less runny yolk.
- Once your toast is ready, butter it.
- Place your cheese on top of the toast.
- Top the cheese with your meat of choice.
- Now place your egg on top.
- Garnish with some mustard.
Get Creative with your Easy Fried Egg Sandwich
I really hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe as much as I do. Get creative with it too! Add your own flair to it.
Some ideas to get creative with this egg sandwich:
- Change up the toast for an english muffin, or bagel.
- Add some spinach or other healthy veggie.
- Top it with something a bit more spicy like Sriracha.
If you have added your own creative flair to this easy recipe share it in the comments below!
Be sure to join me on Pinterest to see all my creative kitchen creations!