One of the best ways to keep yourself accountable to your goals is to tell others about it. Our free cross stitch challenge is a fun way to unite with other stitchers towards a common goal — spend more time doing the thing you love, cross stitching!
Challenges, of any kind, are a great way to “gamify” your hobby. Having specific goals to reach gives you added motivation to carve out time in your day to spend it on YOURSELF, and your hobby!
What is Our Free Cross Stitch Challenge?
Our free cross stitch challenge is a monthly event – that happens every single month. The best part? It’s totally free too!
You are provided with a PDF printable you can print off, or work digitally.
YOU MUST BE ON OUR EMAIL LIST TO GET THIS PDF!
The Cross Stitch Challenge has a few different parts:
- STITCHO — think bingo, but related to your cross stitch. Little missions you have to do to mark off each square.
- STITCH COUNT — a set goal for a number of stitches done each month.
- MINI FREEBIE — a free 30 x 30 stitch pattern is provided each month for you to stitch.
- BONUS POINTS — can be gained by completing the patterns included in our 2023 Cross Stitch Planner; as well bonus points for our Stitchees (our paid membership — learn more)
What do you get when completing??
You gain points and get to enter them in to win prizes at the end of each month.
With this free cross stitch challenge, you not only get yourself motivated to stitch more, you also get the chance to win prizes. PLUS, you get to meet other stitchers participating in the same challenge.
Cross Stitch Challenge
This free cross stitch challenge is all for fun, but does come with a number of missions.
- A specific stitch count goal to hit for the month.
- A STITCHO board of tiny missions, with the goal of filling in the entire card.
- A mini freebie pattern to stitch up.
*Also, if you purchase our Cross Stitch Planner you also get an additional monthly pattern that will give you bonus points.
A prize is noted in the printable each month – it will vary but always something you will WANT your chance to win!
This can be things like:
- Free patterns off our Etsy store.
- Cross Stitch Themed tote
- Cross stitch themed coffee cup
- Entry into our Stitchmas SAL
Prizes are awarded around the 5-8th of the following month.
Once you tally up all your points on your printable, you must enter our Prize Entry Google Form in order to be eligible for the prizes.
Each month there is a log area you can use to track your daily stitching habit.
You can track the amount of stitches and hours you stitch each day. It is really motivating to add these up at the end of the month and see how much you did! Gives you a goal on what numbers to beat in coming months during our cross stitch challenges.
There is also a spot to mark off if you finish a project — a cause for celebration.
Cross Stitch Challenge – Stitch Count
This free cross stitch challenge starts with a stitch count goal each month.
- The stitch count goal will vary every month.
- There is bonus points if you stitch above the goal.
The printable has a fun page you can color in as you head towards the monthly goal — color in an X each time you stitch 100 stitches.
How exactly do you keep track of your count??
For those that use Pattern Keeper – it does this daily for you. But for those that don’t there are a few options:
- If you mark off on paper patterns (or digitally) you can change the color you highlight with each day. So you can count the number at the end of each day.
- You can get a small hand counter, you just click away every 10-20 stitches (whatever number you are comfortable with).
- Have a little note pad next to you and just add a tick each time you hit 10.
**these are affiliate links, and I do get a small commission (at no cost to you) for promoting these.
Cross Stitch Challenge – STITCHO
This free cross stitch challenge is all for fun — including our very own stitchy bingo!! It’s called STITCHO
The goal is to mark off the entire board – for maximum points. Each mission is something small, all of these are easily achievable in a month.
*Also, if you purchase our Cross Stitch Planner you get early access to the entire YEAR of challenges. So you can plan ahead — plus all the other awesomeness that is in our planners!
These missions can be things like:
- Organizing different areas of your stitchy stash
- Cleaning up your stitchy spot
- Sharing things in the FB group
- Stitching specific amounts in a session
- Doing French knots
- Trying new things
Free Cross Stitch Challenge Facebook Group
We have a Facebook group dedicated to this challenge. You can get in there and see other’s progress – and post your own.
You can share your wins, ask (and answer) questions, and just have fun.
It is a super happy place – full of inspiration, and fun. No drama, not stress!!
Cross Stitch Challenge – Tallying Up Your Points
This free cross stitch challenge has prizes to give away each month. In order to get those prizes you have to earn points. You also need to count up your point total and submit it for entry.
Points can be submited to the Google Form: bit.ly/stitchpoints
Points must be submitted by the 7th of each month (for the previous month) and winners are announced in the FB group between the 10th-15th.
Counting Your Points
NEW SYSTEM FOR 2023 COMING SOON
You get points for each area of the challenge:
- Stitch Count – if you achieved the goal # of stitches = 10 points.
- Stitch Count BONUS – if you stitched an additional 1000 above the goal = 5 points.
- STITCHO – if you got 1 horizontal line = 3 points *can only claim once
- STITCHO – if you got 1 vertical line = 2 points *can only claim once
- STITCHO – if you got outer square = 5 points.
- STITCHO – if you get the full board = 10 points.
- With STITCHO you get each of the above points, if you get the full board, you get all 20 points.
- Pattern Finish – if you purchased the Cross Stitch Planner and stitched the pattern included in it for the month = 15 points.
- Stitchee BONUS – if you are a paying member of our Stitchee Membership = DOUBLE your entries.