Super Easy Stir Fry Recipe ANYONE can make!
Let’s get rid of the excess food in the fridge with this easy stir fry recipe! I nickname it refrigerator stir fry – because I simply look in my fridge, grab all the veggies that are at risk of going bad, and get to work!
There is always a few days prior to grocery day where the food supply is short. There is also a bit of food that is on the brink of spoiling or going bad.
I do groceries every second week, so every other week there is a night of refrigerator supper, like a refrigerator stir fry.
These recipes are always simple and really don’t have an ingredient list – as you will be using what you have left in the fridge.
Before You Start:
Open up the fridge door and assess the stock levels.
What I do is grab anything I think is about to go bad or that I only have little bits of.
This is usually vegetables (fruit may not go well in the stir fry – but you can always make a fruit salad for dessert)
Check out the freezer, look for your oldest proteins – I usually stack newest freezer items in the back and on grocery days I place the oldest on the door or in the front.
Survey the supplies you have pulled out and pair it with a pasta or rice.
Grab your spices and you are set to make this easy stir fry recipe.
I call this Refrigerator Stir Fry at home.
Refrigerator Easy Stir Fry Recipe
In today’s refrigerator stir fry:
- Peppers (red and yellow)
- Pork Strips
- Jasmine Rice
Instructions for Easy Stir Fry Recipe:
- Cut up all your veggies, place them into a bowl.
- Slice up your protein – for me I thinly sliced the pork. You can also choose to cube it or shred it.
- Heat up your pan (or wok) with a bit of oil. Toss the protein into the pan and season it generously.
- Cook the protein until it is fully cooked.
- Add in your bowl of chopped veggies. Mix thoroughly.
- Lower heat to a simmer (on low settings) and let it simmer until your veggies are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- While the veggies simmer, cook your rice/pasta.
Once everything is cooked to your crunchiness, put a layer of rice on your plate and top it with the refrigerator stir fry mix.
Now you are done and ready to serve. (And your fridge is ready for grocery day)
MORE Yummy Recipes from My Creative Kitchen
I am always creating in the kitchen – and I always add them on here (success or failure).
I will sometime even take Pinterest recipes add my own twist.
The best way to stay up to date with ALL my kitchen creativity follow my recipe board on Pinterest.