Easy Nachos Recipe - with a healthy option!
This is a staple in my household, usually on a Friday night when you want to munch on junk food and channel surf.
You can create these in their original form with ground beef, or a healthier option, of ground turkey. Turkey is totally my fav!
For the meatless folks among us you can always omit the meat and make a veggie nachos recipe.
Easy Nachos Recipe: What You Need
- Tortilla chips. I prefer the flavored Tostitos kind, but you choose your favorite.
- Shredded cheese. Again, choice is yours, I prefer a sharper old cheese.
- Ground meat (turkey, chicken or beef). Omit if you are going vegetarian.
- Green onions.
- Sour cream.
Each plate will take approximately 4 oz. of meat and a cup of shredded cheese.
Prepare by chopping up your mushrooms and onions, as well as shred your cheese.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry your ground meat, until it is cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Put the cooked ground meat back in the pan and add you chopped mushrooms. Cook until desired texture of mushrooms.
- Place a layer of chips on each plate.
- Now it’s time to layer up your nachos. First the meat, then add dollops of sour cream and salsa, after those you cover with cheese and top with green onions.
- Place your plate in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove with oven mitts.
Have Your Own Easy Nachos Recipe??
Share your ideas in the comments below, or tell me how you like this easy nachos recipe.
I love new ideas, and to hear how other enjoy my recipes!