Easy Nachos Recipe – with a healthy option!
This is a staple in my household, usually on a Friday night when you want to munch on junk food and channel surf.
You can create these in their original form with ground beef, or a healthier option, of ground turkey. Turkey is totally my fav!
For the meatless folks among us you can always omit the meat and make a veggie nachos recipe.
Easy Nachos Recipe: What You Need
- Tortilla chips. I prefer the flavored Tostitos kind, but you choose your favorite.
- Shredded cheese. Again, choice is yours, I prefer a sharper old cheese.
- Ground meat (turkey, chicken or beef). Omit if you are going vegetarian.
- Green onions.
- Sour cream.
The amount you need of each all depends on how many you are feeding. We each have a plate of our own – but you may choose to make one plate to share.
Each plate will take approximately 4 oz. of meat and a cup of shredded cheese.
Prepare by chopping up your mushrooms and onions, as well as shred your cheese.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry your ground meat, until it is cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Put the cooked ground meat back in the pan and add you chopped mushrooms. Cook until desired texture of mushrooms.
- Place a layer of chips on each plate.
- Now it’s time to layer up your nachos. First the meat, then add dollops of sour cream and salsa, after those you cover with cheese and top with green onions.
- Place your plate in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove with oven mitts.
When serving be sure to put the plates on a cloth or heat mat as they will be VERY hot. If you want to ensure that there is no risk of burning yourself (or the little ones) make the nachos on a baking sheet and serve portions on cool plates.
Have Your Own Easy Nachos Recipe??
Share your ideas in the comments below, or tell me how you like this easy nachos recipe.
I love new ideas, and to hear how other enjoy my recipes!