I love easy dessert recipe ideas – I am a simple person and baking is NOT my forte so easy works best! I also live in an area that is lucky to have blueberries grow wild – and they are everywhere!
I spend many a summer day gathering blueberries (and I work on my sunburn & tan lines too).
One summer day I had a bucket of blueberries and my sweet tooth was asking for pie. I did not want to make a conventional blueberry pie – that’s so NOT creative! My hubby loves lemon meringue pie so I thought why not make a blueberry one. It turned out quite yummy.
Ingredients for this Easy Dessert Recipe: Blueberry Meringue Pie
The ingredient list is simple (the way I like it).
- 3-4 cups blueberries (hand picked is not a requirement)
- 1 pie crust (yep the frozen type works great – but if you can make your own go for it)
- 1 cup sugar (for filling)
- 1/4 cup sugar (for meringue)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Tips for this Easy Dessert Recipe
Few after thoughts I found about this easy dessert recipe.
- the filling ends up quite gooey and messy. I think adding a bit of flour would thicken it up a bit.
- Refrigerate if you can! It will help solidify everything.
Let’s Get Baking!
Keep this recipe close its one the family will want over and over again!
How Did Yours Turn Out?
Let me know what happen when you tried this recipe. Did it turn out great? Or do you have a suggestion for when I attempt a round two?